Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MOJO93 / I WANT YOU ...

'Morning, All ! I wanted to squeeze in a sketch challenge for this week and MoJo Monday's sketch seemed like it would work for what I had in mind. All weekend as I straightened the stamp room , I felt convicted to pull out the " oldies" and get to using them again . What you see, except for the Nesties and dp is OLD stuff from my collection. Uncle Sam is from Stamp Happy and was stamped with Night of Navy. The red dp is from Archivers and the mat under the image is from the old DCWV pack. The stars were punched with an old punch and the brads and button also ... probably from JoAnn's or Michaels. I added twine ( May Arts ) to the button . The striped ribbon is from Archivers . And as you can see ... the image base was cut with a scalloped square and the sentiment ( computer generated ) was cut with a scalloped oval. The inside of the card is simply decorated with stripes and punched stars and the sentiment continues to read: " ... to have a star sprangled day ! " I apologize for the glare in the window. I didn't notice it until after this was posted . Have a super day , everyone ! So glad you stopped by ! { hugs !}

3 comments:

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Love the card very nice for the 4th tribute : Great work. now a little something for you my special friend!
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zN4fFabgL80/Skn2x2AULCI/AAAAAAAADeU/G3RDWS2OQBo/s1600-h/amazing_friendship1.jpg

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome patriotic card Crystal!!! Love your Uncle Sam and those stars. Wonderful tribute to the upcoming holiday!!
blessings,
Chris

Dottie said...

Hi VCrystal:
Have you been over to http://keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com
she also does some beautiful work I think you might enjoy her and her work.
Have a very Happy 4th.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Post a Comment