Monday, March 29, 2010

ODBDSLC6 ...The Will of God

How ARE you, friends ? Sure hope your Monday is off to a good start. I've been busy getting ready for Easter plus lots of Spring cleaning but made some time to play this challenge over at Our Daily Bread. Betty's Stamping in Time challenge for us this week is to make a monochromatic card. Now, can I just say that this challenge was a REAL challenge for me ? I'm such a DP junkie. I have made this large tag to go with a pot of flowers for a friend.

I have used three shades of purple Bazzill. The lavender was run through the CB with the Victorian folder and then punched with this Fiskars border punch. The verse was stamped with Versacolor " Boysenberry" and then both the embossed panel and the verse panel was sponged with Brilliance Platinum Planet. The verse panel was cut out with a Labels 4 Nestie. Butterflies were cut with a Martha Stewart punch and then purple gems were added as shown. Lastly, everything mounted up and some satin ribbon added and all done !

Gotta get back to work ! Thanks for stopping by !

Hugs !

6 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Crystal! This is gorgeous! You are so good at "Elegant"!!! That ribbon is fantastic!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Becky said...

Crystal this is stunning, love the shimmer paper you used. Gorgeous colors.

Donna Moore said...

Oh my Crystal, this is splendid! I love your choice of colors and the pure elegance you achieved! Thanks for stopping by my blog, your visit is how I found you!! I am sure we will be running into each other again! :)
hugs
donna

Betty Wright said...

Crystal, this is stunning! I would never have known that you had difficulty with monochromatic colors! Me, too! I am all about color! This is just gorgeous! Wonderful scripture card! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love this, the butterflies, the embossing and the shine, all beautiful!

Kelley said...

Crystal, this is awesome! I love the purple and how shiny it is!! Gorgeous!

Post a Comment