Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Eagle Scout Congrats

Good morning, friends ! I have a card for you today that one rarely may have to make and which can be quite challenging design-wise... I made this card for an Eagle Scout in our local troop . I've had to make quite a few in the last few years and always seems like I never think of a card until an hour or two before the ceremony. Well, here's my simple and easy card. Scouts over the years learn to tie every knot imaginable. So I asked if one of the Eagles in my household would tie this little cord into a few different knots . ( Believe me, it is WONDERFUL to have these guys around for lots of reasons !!) I used the Distressed Stripes CB folder to make the background, stamped the eagle , stippled it a little, layered it up along with the sentiment and positioned everything together. I used a mini pop dot to secure the large knot on the left and then curved the cord to the right to resemble the trail to Eagle. Added a burnished brad on the exclamation mark . A really simple card but it works ! Have a joy-filled day !

3 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

This card is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! I love it! The knots are my fave! Great job, Crystal...it's FAB-O!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful I love the knots too.

Janine said...

What a fabulous card!! Love the twine and knots!!

Post a Comment