Friday, April 3, 2009

Eggs in My Basket , er Nest !

It's Friday everyone ! Woo Hoo ... ours isn't looking to be as busy as usual so hope the weather allows for some real outdoor fun time. I made this card before seeing the Stamp Simply #81 challenge which is to use an Easter egg ... gee , I thought of adding a fancy egg to the nest but it didn't look quite right so guess I don't meet the challenge here but maybe time in the stamping room today will allow for the challenge. (NOTE : I was just informed that I have indeed met the challenge... hurrah !!) The nest description and the nest stamps are by Impression Obsession and were stamped on Very Vanilla with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate and then Chocolate Chip to mute the shine just a little. The nest was stamped directly onto / in the middle of the description and colored with Prismacolor pencils. The bird ( Flourishes ) was stamped the same way and cut out , mounted with a pop dot. The layers were cut with Labels One nesties . The dp is by Bella Bella and that wonderful soft downy ribbon from Archivers. Tiny buttons from Hero Arts were added . That about explains it, I think. What do you think? Should I have added a " surprise" Easter egg to the nest ? Have a "fantabulous" weekend everyone ! Hope you have some Spring- like weather . Hugs !!

2 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Your little egg nest is sweet. No Spring like weather here in Michigan. We've got rain and wind. Sweet and simple card. Pat

Jenny Gropp said...

You card has little eggs in the nest! The challenge didn't say they had to be big eggs! They absolutely work! Great card -- I love the little nest centered in the middle of the words and the birdies perched in the corner!

Post a Comment