Monday, May 25, 2009

Artful Sentiments 9 /You Inspire Me

Today I have my Artful Sentiments 9 challenge to post. If you have never played this Copic challenge, head on over to see what that's all about and play with us. This is the first time I have inked up this set from Clear Art Stamps. I have to tell you ; I really like this set but had a hard time figuring how to use it. I pulled out Stampin Up cs... Caribbean, Real Red and Brilliant Blue ... which all matched with the challenge colors you can see above. The tan and sky panels are Basic Grey . I stamped the main image with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored in plus adding a couple tans and grays for the skin and sand. The girls hat was stamped three times , one full layered atop the other and then the third , just the center of the hat was cut out and layered atop the second. I used red floss to make a ribbon for the hat and secured with a mini pop dot. I added some Quickie Glue thickly to the sandy area and then added real sand . The sky was colored in and blended with a lighter shade of blue. The shell, crab and sand dollar was also stamped with Black and cut out and secured with pop dots. The image was cut out and embossed with a circle Nestie and the background panels were cut out with a Labels Two die. A sea gull was stamped on the sky panel behind the image. Everything was layered up and secured and twine was added to the two pieces. Diamond Dots were added to the left corner . The sentiment is from Flourishes Sweet Violets set . What do you think ? We have an easy day planned today . Hopefully I will be spending lots of time in the stamping room . Hugs to you all !

7 comments:

NinaB said...

What a sweet card. I would love to learn to color like that. Answering those questions from your tag sounds like fun. I'll post my answers sometime this week. have a good memorial day!

Kimm BT said...

Your card is beautiful! The coloring in your sky is especially good!! Kimm BT

somethingcraftybydottie said...

I love the CARD it is beautiful I love the colors they are all so perfect and soft. have a wonderful day and enjoy you Memorial day.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs : o)
Dottie

Laurie said...

Glad you used your new set finally...it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is amazing.... so very pretty! I love the stamp as well....:)
I left an award for you on my blog..
Hugs, Christina

Anonymous said...

Crystal, this is one beautiful card chickie!!!!!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW!!! This is fabulous! I love all those cool layers and your image is colored perfectly! Hugs, Lisa

Post a Comment