Monday, May 18, 2009

Floral Record Keeper for Artful Sentiments Copic Challenge 8

Hello dear friends ! How are you this Monday ? Hope you had a good weekend . My good friend Laurie is part of the new Artful Sentiments design team which is on Copic Challenge 8 this week . This week 's colors are G02, RV21, BV01 . I promised I would play along . Well, this morning I discovered that NinaB had offered a free digi download , one that she drew for her adorable daughters. Love the flowers and sentiment and decided to use this digi in this challenge. Every year at the end of summer , I look at my gardens and make mental notes to do this or that differently next year. Only when next year arrives , I can't remember what it was I was going to do differently ! Does that ever happen to you ? So aiming to become a little wiser as I get older (!) , I purchased this simple thin notebook from Staples that will fit right into the library shelf with the other gardening books . I printed off the digi and colored with the above Copics as well as a little black and tan on the butterfly. I added just a tad of Shimmerz and Stickles to the butterfly . The notebook was covered in lightweight white scrapbooking paper , then layered with Lovely Lilac . The dp is from the 6 x 6 Zinnia pack found at Archivers. Everything was layered up and then black metal dots were added to the corners . I wanted to keep the embellishments minimal and the front flat so it would stay nice after being shelved. On the inside cover, I printed a page with the local garden centers information as well as a couple online web addresses that I reference. The rest of the book will be used to jot notes each planting season so I can improve or correct each Spring/ Fall. An easy project and am so glad I was able to play the Artful Sentiments challenge too.If you like coloring with Copics, head on over to the AS blog and check out the challenge. What do you think? Have a terrific day , everyone ! hugs to all !

8 comments:

NinaB said...

Wow, Crystal! This is just beautiful. It thrills me to see my drawings transformed into beautiful works of art. May I post this picture when I post about projects using my drawings?

Kimm BT said...

You're card is beautiful... thanks for playing!
Kimm BT

Laurie said...

Hooray! Thanks for taking the challenge, Sister. Hope to see you there again soon. And I must rush to Nina B to get that digi....toooooooo cute!

Cathryn said...

Crystal, Your card is beautiful. Glad you played along with us and hope to see you again!!!

jacque4u2c said...

Very nice!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Oh Crystal:
Oh How pretty,I really like the colors and details you have on this card it is adorable but isn't a card it is a folder correct. it is great you did a wonderful and very professional job.
I love to see all the things you make they are always so lovely and up lifting.
~God Bless~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome project, Crystal...I love the digi image and your coloring is gorgeous!!! Sooo beautifully done!!!

NinaB said...

Hi, Crystal...I just posted your card on my blog and I'm offering a blog candy too. Here's the link:
http://ninabdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/06/eye-my-first-blog-candy.html

Thank you for sharing your card with me. Blessings, Nina

Post a Comment